Department of Foreign Languages
Department of Foreign Languages (DFL) at Lublin University of Technology welcomes foreign students coming to study at our university. No matter whether you are here for just one semester or for a full post-graduate degree course, we offer you a chance to enhance your foreign language skills and obtain a foreign language certificate.
Here is our offer of foreign language examinations which are recognized internationally:
The English language:
• TOEFL® - it is one of the two major English-language tests in the world. It measures the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enrol in English-speaking universities. This test measures your academic English skills such as reading, listening, speaking and writing at levels A2-C1 CEFR. It is a computer-delivered test. It lasts approximately four hours.
• TOEIC® Listening & Reading - this test measures the everyday English skills of people working in an international environment at levels A1 to C1 CEFR. It is a paper and pencil test which consists of two parts: Reading Comprehension and Listening Comprehension. It lasts two and a half hours.
• TOEIC® Speaking & Writing – this is an online test. It takes 90 minutes.
• Pearson LCCI International Qualifications – a wide range of English language for specific purposes exams. They are offered at four levels corresponding to CEFR levels.
• MONDIALE Technical English - it is a specialized language exam for the CEFR levels B1 to C1. It tests four skills reading, listening, speaking, writing as well as vocabulary and structure. Candidates can choose one of eight special focus areas to evaluate their Technical English abilities. These areas are: Civil Engineering, Medical English, Electrical Engineering, Food Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Industry, Information Technology, Oil and Gas. The test takes approximately 145 minutes to complete.
TELC - since July 2017 LUT has the licence to perfom TELC exams. First session will be available in 2018. More info about TELC
The German Language
• WiDaF® - this test measures your proficiency in business German. It tests vocabulary, reading and listening skills at levels A2 to C2 CEFR. It lasts approximately three hours.
• MONDIALE Fachsprachentest Deutsch - it is a specialized language exam for the CEFR levels B1 to C1. It tests four skills reading, listening, speaking, writing as well as vocabulary and structure. Candidates can choose one of four special focus areas to evaluate their Technical German abilities. The test takes approximately 145 minutes to complete.
The French language:
• TFI TM – this test shows how well you communicate in French in business and academic environments. It consists of two parts: listening comprehension and reading comprehension. It is for language learners of all levels.
The Polish Language examination is coming soon!
The full offer with links to examination websites is posted on the DFL’s website. The payment for the exam must be made to the DFL’s bank account. The international language examinations are taken in the DFL examination centre in the Mechanical Engineering Faculty building.
We invite foreign students to choose from our wide offer of international examinations and language courses and to enhance their foreign language competences. We invite foreigners to join our Polish language courses so that they can feel comfortable in Poland, understand the Polish people, make new friends here, study and work effectively. The duration of your stay at our university does not matter. What matters is your willingness to extend your linguistic knowledge and to obtain new language certificates important in your future professional career. Do not waste your chance when you have got such a wide selection of examinations in one place. Please feel free to visit us at the DFL and talk about the exams and courses if you need further assistance. You are most welcome!
Get more info!