Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Lublin University of Technology was founded in 1964, still in Evening School of Engineering. Since 1965 Evening School of Engineering was converted to Higher School of Engineering and has begun training at the Faculty of full-time education system.
Currently, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science educates students in two directions Electrical Engineering, and since 2000 also Informatics.
The Faculty carries out research into:
- electronic and telecommunications systems,
- microelectronic technologies,
- optoelectronic technologies,
- theoretical and applied computer science,
- software engineering and databases,
- systems of information protection and transfer.